Stavanger Concert Hall, Stavanger, Norway
Sponsor: Norsk kulturråd
Type: Open, international
Eligibility: Architects licensed in their country of origin
17 October 2003 - Deadline for submission of entries
21 August 2003 - Deadline second and last question round
17 October 2003 15.00hrs (Week 42)
Fee: NOK 2000.
* The region's artistic and cultural ambitions shall be reflected in a new concert hall of a high artistic quality, which will be a prestigious building for the region and an attraction in itself.
* The vision is for Bjergsted to become a national powerhouse in music and art and contain a concert hall of international format.
* Gross area: 12,825 m2
* Two halls of international top class
* Musical breadth – from classical to rock
* Orchestral hall with 1,500 seats, specially designed for acoustic music
* Hall 2 – 900 seats, specially designed for electronically amplified music
* Hall 2 – great flexibility with regard to seating capacity and stage solutions
* Hall 2 – standing room for 1,600 – 1,900 when the seats are removed
* The lobby – meeting-place with a spectacular view
* Home to Stavanger Symphony Orchestra, with rehearsal rooms and other backstage facilities.
For more information, go to the website:
When you have reached the TED opening page, do as follows:
-search for tenders
-fill in Stavanger (under place)
-fill inn 20031017 (under deadline)
The program is also available at the following locations:
City of Stavanger, Servicetorget, Olav Kyrresgt. 23
Stavanger Cultural Centre, Sølvberggt. 2
NAL, Josefines gate 34, Oslo